Stand for Marriage Rally
East Steps, Capitol (Albany, NY)
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Participants at Tuesday’s rally encouraged state senators to vote “no” on same-sex marriage legislation.
The rally began at 10:30 AM and featured speakers:
• New York State Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz (D – Bronx)
• Mr. Michael Long, Chairman, New York State Conservative Party
• Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council
• Bishop Harry Jackson, Jr., Executive Director, High Impact Leadership Coalition
• Maggie Gallagher, President, National Organization for Marriage
• Bishop Joseph Mattera, Presiding Bishop of Christ Covenant Coalition
• Rev. George Grace, Senior Pastor, First Bible Baptist Church, Rochester
• Rev. Duane Motley, Executive Director, New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms
• Other pro-family leaders and state legislators
It was HUGE!!! Take a look:
A huge flop.
The bigot brigade is claiming 2,000 turned out.
It was hundreds.
Not to mention that Maggie/NOM and Tony/FRC had both issued PR's announcing a press conference to be held after the rally, and then ... nada, crickets, nothing more than the brief snippet of Duane Motley speaking that ran on a single local newscast. Pathetic.
Be sure to check out this worthy report from Blabbeando.
Learn how you can support the effort to achieve marriage equality in New York at MarriageNY.com.
Further resources at Empire State Pride Agenda's marriage site.